Sunday, December 13, 2015

Touch writing


I read the passage about tattoos. I found the passage very interesting and the stories about different people and groups that had them. I relate to this passage in many ways. There was a part in the passage where the author was explaining that tattoos tell stories, show struggles and triumphs, and mark timelines in a persons life. I have many tattoos that signify all of these things. Some are on very specific places on my body where I am the only one that can appreciate the, but have some that can be seen by the public. Some are more personal than others.
I also read the passage on pain. In the passage it explains that people can go through pain, yet sometimes you don't feel it. I can relate to this passage because when I was 25 I got into a really bad car accident with my best friend. I broke both of my ankles, shattered my pelvis in several places, broke a few of my ribs, my nose and had internal bleeding for several days. I ended up having to get 6 inches of my intestines removed as well. I was in the hospital for a month and a half and all I could think about was if my best friend was okay. Was he hurt, is he alive? I couldn't stop thinking about him and his son. Although I was in pain, I was less intense because I was worrying about my friend. They were giving me morphine for the pain, but it was making me sick. Eventually I conquered the pain and told them that I didn't want anymore medication. I don't welcome pain, but I like to think that I have the strength to control it or at least attempt to harness pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment