Sunday, December 13, 2015

Animal Soap Carving





I happened to pick the hardest animal ever to carve. This project was really stressful to me. We needed to large enough bars of soap to carve a small animal out of them.


This project was slow at first because you had to really remove a lot of soap to start forming the body. I started on the legs first to start getting some sort of a body contour. This is an EXAMPLE of what not to do because the legs a very fragile and when you hold tight to your soap to start working on the body more you may lose your grip and snap off your legs like I did 50 times.

In this project we were required to do two soap carvings. My second bar of soap was way too soft. You really have to make sure you pick out the least soft bar of soap you can find, unless you want to carve butter.








Basically I failed miserably at this assignment, but I did learn from my mistakes. Tip 1: Save all of your extra carving scraps and mix with a little water to re-apply any broken legs or tails.
Tip 2 : Make sure the smell of the soap is something you really don't mind smelling for hours on end because this assignment completely ruined apples for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment