Monday, November 16, 2015

Soap Carving Part II


I removed my soap animals legs so that he would be on more of a flat surface.

I wrapped the soap in a piece of metal I found while taking apart a phone charger that didn't work anymore.


I added a few more wired that I found in the phone charger and used a butane torch to melt away at the soap.


Here you can see that the animal is stating to loose shape and become a blob wrapped in wires and metal.

I decided to add some black ink to the soap to incorporate with the burntness that the torch had given it.

I also removed the back end of the soap and carved out a piece of his neck, his face has melted away and I decided to add a few more wired and some nails and hooks.



Finally I went back through with my torch and melted him down until I thought it look good.

The soap reminded me of a piece of meat hanging in butcher shop so I decided it would be best if the soap was displayed hanging,

What better way than gallows?  I used scrap wood from the wood shop, sanded the pieces down, and coffee stirs for the wood paneling.
I added hemp to re-create the rope and tried to tie it as best as I could.

I also went back through with my torch to give the gallows a burnt look.

This was my final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment